Friday 15 June 2018

The Great Escape

Overnight I have lots of trouble with nosebleeds and clotting. It's pretty vile, at one point in the night I cough deeply and end up coughing up a massive clot of blood! It looks like Tiptree jam - gross!

At lunchtime I got a hall pass! I was allowed to leave the hospital grounds for a few hours!! Bear in mind I have not left the confinement of the hospital grounds since I got here on 21st May, this was such a treat! I embraced every moment, feeling the sun on my face, hearing birds tweeting, seeing dogs being walked, people-watching, just being present and in the moment. It was wonderful. Rob picked me up and we went for lunch at a steakhouse. It also gave me a chance to try and walk "in the real world", it was tricky and made me look at the world in an entirely different way; looking for dropped kerbs to facilitate ease of walking, watching out for big stones in case my walker rocks on it etc etc! It was such a nice lunch date and spending time with Rob was just awesome.

So excited to escape the hospital grounds!

Lou visited me in the afternoon and brings me a humongous bag of pick n mix! What Lou doesn't know is that Mish is on the ward just down from mine still waiting for the bubba to make an appearance! Mish and I plot and Louise takes me for a walk and she'll be hiding around the corner, and that's just what we did! Lou was so surprised to see Mish, it was very funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment