Tuesday 26 June 2018

Skin Infection, Potential Chemo Delay & Book Club




Meeting with Felicity went well. She has signed me off as sick for 2 months. I have sick note to give to work.

Ultrasound of left groin as area which felt like lymph nodes or mass, US shown no abnormal lymph nodes and no discrete mass but does have pus discharging through the skin. Dr P belives it is a superficial skin infection. 

Given course of Flucloxacillin. If swab shows any unusual bacteria I will need a change in antibiotivs.

Re area in groin. No mass so no additional cancer - brilliant. However, it is an infection, I have a small abcess there. This is a mini fly in ointment. She has started me on a very fast acting dose of antibiotics for the skin infection. If the infection does not clear up by Friday then we have to delay chemo until it is clear because I cannot start chemo with an infection in the first place. This is because the chemo can cause your white bloods cells to lower, putting you more at risk of other infections... She thinks the antibs will work fast tho. We have to cross fingers it clears

#[19:33, 6/26/2018] Joanna Clarke: Re CT staging scan. This is the scan I had to see where the cancer is now and what point we are working from...
[19:33, 6/26/2018] Joanna Clarke: So seeing as I have not had any cancer treatment for the month I was in hospital and I was obviously terrified it was running wild, it's actually not too bad at all. Also, I was going to be changing treatment to E & E anyway because of some progression (never started this because then all the drain issues kicked off), so some of this I knew already. First the good news, the area in my spine that they were not sure was better or worse is actually better than before! It could have been that it was always improved or the radiotherapy that I had whilst I was in hospital improved it, either way it's better - huzzah! Worse is my skin, we knew that anyway. There are new cancerous lymph nodes, 1 under my right armpit and one in my abdomen but Cape will tackle these. There is a mini mark on both my liver and lung they want to investigate but Felicity says it does not look like progression, more like damage from where my liver failed and my lungs were repeatedly bruised through the drains.

So in summary after 4 weeks on no treatment I have improved spine, a few more lymph nodes and the skin mets, which is pretty bloody fantastic xxx
I just imagined it was eating me alive
 So it's amazing really






T 26 - skin scan. Ouch nurse rips. Dr P signs me off. Skin swab. Antibiotics. Use WhatsApp. Harry. Book club. Cheeeese. Photo LI water bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment