Sunday 10 June 2018

Clots All Round

9th June - I woke in the early hours and my whole bed sheets were covered in blood! Obviously I panicked like crazy. I had blood all over my face. It turns out in the night I had had a horrendous nosebleed. Because I’ve been on blood thinners, it was obviously worse than a normal nosebleed as it takes far longer for clots to form than normal. The nurses wiped up my face and changed my sheets. I know it’s only a nosebleed but I was bloody (haha) terrified when I first saw it!

After a shock first thing, it was lovely to see Caroline for lunch. She brought me in a very nice lunch. She brought French bread, kettle chips, couscous and then scones with clotted cream and jam! After eating hospital food for so long, it was a real treat!

Later that afternoon, I had a Skype session with Amy. Skype is so brilliant as it was like Amy was there in the room with me! All we can’t do is hug....

My arm that has the PICC line in is getting more and more red around the dressing and also becoming more puffy. Really hoping there’s not a DVT in there!

10th June - This morning Amanda, Paul, Rob, Sarah and Chris visited. Was lovely to see them all. We had a good chat and then we went into one of the many hospital gardens and sat in the sunshine.

In the afternoon Mum and Col visited and we spent time chatting and some more time in the sunshine.

P.S. Caroline, Clarke family and Mum & Col, not calling you clots! Just thought it was funny 😜

No comments:

Post a Comment