Thursday 31 May 2018

Onwards

28th May - I am on Tilgate Annexe, I have been pumped full of so many painkillers and god knows what other things I am totally out of it. I remember being showered and it feeling wonderful. I remember Hayley visiting. I remember her bringing me crappy magazines and talking to her from my bed but I literally have no clue what about - sorry mate!

*Edit* I found out today 13/08/18 when I was having lunch with my friend Luke, that he came to visit me on this day too. I have zero recollection of him being there but apparently he was! Sorry Luke! xx*

I am given strict instructions to rest and recover. I am not a patient patient, I want it all now. There are falls, with big bruises, my legs won’t work, I have swollen up with fluid from where my organs stopped working, I have the fattest ankles and right arm. There are tears, and many many, many, many excruciating bouts of pain. I have weird dots all over my feet, like bizarre red marks. They take a while to disappear. I am started on steroids (dexamethasone). I bloody hate steroids, they give me severe insomnia, they make me act like a different person, they make me feel like I am high, I really, really dislike them.

29th May - The docs have been taking bloods from my cannula that was inserted at some point during the ITC period. They are thankfully going to stop using it soon as my arm is getting too swollen, itchy and sore to keep it in for much longer! 

Ouch!

30th May - I literally have zero feeling in my right leg. I try and put weight on it and I cannot feel anything, it is so weird. How on earth can I go from scaling cliff tops with Rob in the Isle of Wight just a few weeks ago to this. It is so bizarre. My legs and ankles are swelling more and more, I hate this. I just don’t understand why on top of everything I cannot now walk. I am brought a walker but at the moment it is totally pointless as I cannot do a single thing with it. Actually, with Rob’s help I do manage some kind of dragging shuffle to the toilet once. I am bloody determined though, I am not leaving this hospital until I make this sodding leg work again. Because of this I have a spine MRI which thankfully shows no cord compression.

I also have a repeat echo on my heart which shows a perocardial effusion of 0.3cm. So there's still some fluid there. It will have to be monitored to make sure it doesn't increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment