Tuesday 8 May 2018

Giant Polo of Joy

My 3 month check-up CT scan is due, joy. Plus it ties in with the one the onc said I needed to see if my spine is actually better or worse.

I know it’s needed, I know a CT is quicker than an MRI, still not fun though and there is just so much hanging around waiting for all the different elements.

I work in the morning and then head over to Michelle's who is kindly taking me to the scan. We head to East Surrey and the waiting room is absolutely packed and so boiling hot. I have to drink a litre of water ready for the scan. Mish and I are so sleepy waiting as it’s so warm!

Eventually I’m called through for my scan. They actually get the cannula in first time, I am amazed! I answer the usual joyous question about being pregnant 😞 and get on the bed, go through the giant polo and get it done with. It all feels so routine now! It’s over within 20 minutes. 

I meet Mish in the CT waiting area where you have to wait again in case of a reaction to the contrast. It’s all fine as normal so they remove the cannula and we are free, huzzah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment