Tuesday 7 August 2012

Olive & Olympics

I went to the support group in the end, didn't take Erika but rocked the purple pirate bandana instead. The group was defintely worthwhile and although I was the youngest there this time, there are girls who go who are younger than me so it was good to get support from people going through the same thing. I had always been worried about the initial size of my lump as from various forums it seemed to be one of the bigger ones around but I spoke to one girl at the group who's lump was more than double the size of mine and another who's was 2cm bigger so meeting people in real life as opposed to the virtual world has helped me.

The session this time was just about chatting, eating strawberries and asking questions, but future sessions booked in are a lady who runs a salon in Horsham was is linked with My New Hair which is an initiative set up by Trevor Sorbie for those going through hair loss through cancer or alopecia. They offer things like wig cutting and styling, advice on how to treat your scalp whilst losing hair and also, when your hair grows back, how to care for this hair (hence the My New Hair name I assume). I think that session will be worth going to given my baldilock status at the moment and that a salon in Horsham is nice and easy for me to go to. The session after that there will be a nutritionist so that will also be worth going to.

The Olive Tree centre also offers therapies like body massages, indian head massages, reiki, homeopathy, reflexology etc all for free (you make a donation after you have 4 treatments for any further ones you want) which is fantastic. I've got a massage booked in after my Oncology appointment on Thursday which will be lovely. The centre runs solely on donations so I think it is a fantastic place and once that is so worthwhile & beneficial.

At the weekend I spent most of Saturday either in bed or on the sofa (feeling poorly!) but watching the Olympics non-stop - as someone who doesn't really follow sport that much (other than Wimbledon) I (along with most of the rest of the country) am pretty addicted to it! Sunday I felt much better & saw my lovely friend Hayley (who came bearing gifts of magazines and a fab Fiorelli wallet for my bday pressie) for lunch and then we went round to Michelle and Dave's for a BBQ.

How about this for an amazing photo.....


No comments:

Post a Comment