Sunday 15 July 2012

Birthday, Blood Test & Bolnore Fete

Friday 13th was my birthday & to be honest I hadn't really been looking forward to it, I'd found the thought of it quite challenging given the circumstances.

First thing I had to have a blood test to check my white blood cell count (WBC) which was a lovely way to start the day....

Had the afternoon as holiday so Rob & I saw the new Spiderman (which is actually kinda depressing!) and then in the afternoon Michelle came over with a homemade birthday cake & awesome (red letter day voucher) pressie.


Phoned the hospital at 5pm to check on my WBC & got told it was perfect = no more hermit Jo :)


In the evening Mum & Col & Rob's parents came over & we had dinner (& more pressies.

In the end it was actually quite a good day :) Thank you to everyone for all my fantastic cards & presents


Yesterday Rob & I had a lazy day as we both felt mega-tired so other than Fagin walkies we watched tv, played games & read.

In the evening I had a bit of a funny turn, I went a bit "slow" & felt totally exhausted; apparently this is a side effect of the FEC affectionately known as "chemo brain". Was bloody weird but it's reassuring to know that it's a known SE.

Woken up this morning & still feel pretty tired & headachey but as the weather is a bit better taking Fagin for a good walk should alleviate it a bit.

It's the Bolnore Village fete (dog show, plant stalls, bric-a-brac, cake stalls etc) later today which should be sweet so am gonna pop along to that with Fagin & Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment