Tuesday 26 March 2013

Rads Recap - Week 4

Got back from my fab hen weekend, totally shattered but haven't laughed so much in ages - Thanks girls!


Monday - Anyway, back to normality of sorts today. Mid-afternoon appointment so wfh'd around it which was good as meant I could be a bit dozy! Am starting to really feel the fatigue now with lots of travelling every day. Luckily today's appointment was only 15 minutes late. It's also the last of the DIBH rads today as tomorrow I move onto the boosts.

Tuesday - Today I had my first of the boost sessions. Was an early appointment & I was actually seen earlier than my appointment time! As I don't have to do the DIBH on the boosts (the rads machine is just aimed at my scar instead of the whole breast) it was a much easier and quicker process. I got in, laid on the bed with my arms behind my head, had a few dots drawn around my scar and then the rads machine came close to my scar, made a noise for about a minute and I was done. 4 to go!!
After my appointment I had a catch up with Dr Zap's Registrar who had a look at my skin. She was very pleased with how it looked and said that as long as I keep moisturising with my Aqueous Cream(this is the cream that is recommended as a moisturiser to use during and after your treatment. It does not react with the radiotherapy. It is available to purchase from all chemists and some supermarkets - I got mine from Boots) then I should be lucky in that my skin won't break. Fingers crossed!

What the new machine I'm being treated on looks like:


Wednesday - Nice and quick today, no breath holding, just zapping the boost on my scar area. 3 to go!


Thursday - My skin is definitely more pink now & I'm super tired. It's good to have the long Easter weekend as a rest :-) Only 1/2 hour delay today. 2 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment