Friday 8 March 2013

Rads Recap Week 1

So I've now completed my first week of radiotherapy. My skin has been holding up okay, although it has gone a little pink and dry. It's bloody tiring going to work and to Guildford every day but needs must.

My first appointment on Monday was a bit of a pain because I turned up ready to go, having arranged all my rads times with work, asked my mum to help me out with some of the driving and fitted the rads times around other appointments (wedding dress fitting, final wedding tasting, hen party & holiday to the Norfolk Broads); so imagine my delight (sarcasm...) when they gave me a new schedule of times, all different & with 3 more added to the end which meant I now have rads on Rob's birthday and fecks up the Norfolk Broads holiday.... Not impressed.

I was nervous anyway and then to have been given that new sheet and then to be told that the machine had broken down earlier that day and therefore was running 2.5 hours late was not a good start :-(

Tuesday was better, they were (only!) running an hour late and they gave me a more concrete timetable and had managed to change the times of the important days. Still was looking at 3 extra sessions though #NotImpressed

On Wednesday it was all okay, had an early appointment (09:06) so they didn't have time to run late! They also changed the time of my wedding dress fitting and wedding tasting appointment back to what they were before which is good. Still have the extra ones at the end though, boo. Still, one more over and done with and then straight onto work.

Thursday I had a booster mark up where they drew on me with permanent pen to get the exact area they need to do extra zapping on when I have my boosts at the end of the 3 weeks. I managed to speak to Dr Zap himself (as he was doing the boosts) and asked him why all my times had been changed and why I had the 3 extra boosts added onto the end. He said that 8 boosts was the new standard but that he was happy for me to have 5 instead so that means I'm back to finishing the day before Rob's birthday - wohoo :-)

On Friday my appointment was perfectly on time but it meant I was out of there at 5pm. 5pm on a Friday in Guildford is not a pretty sight. Took me 2 hours to get home #IHateRushHour

Still I'm now 1/4 done - Huzzah!


No comments:

Post a Comment