Thursday 27 September 2012

Update

So this week has been all about getting strong for chemo #5.

Came out of hospital to some lovely flowers from Amanda & Paul:

 
Felt well enough to go to work on Friday & it was great to go back in & get a sense of normality.

Sunday was Amanda's birthday meal at The Bull & I wore Erika, still not 100% convinced it doesn't look like dolly's hair tbh!

When we were there Amanda gave me my amazing quilt that she's been handmaking for me over the last month. It's Cath Kidston style, snuggley & absolutely fantastic :) Thank you Amanda :) xxx

 


Monday-Wednesday I went to work which was busy & fairly tiring - used lots of spoons! Saw Michelle on Tuesday night which was fun, good girlie night!

Today I went to St Luke's & had a blood test ready for chemo #5 tomorrow. I really hate blood tests! Never liked them but now my veins are becoming pretty hard so this time it blimmin hurt! We had a bit of a delay to see the BC nurse but as we had to wait, it meant my blood test results were back & the BC nurse said they were really good, better than last time even, so chemo tomorrow is a go.

Big thank you to Sandra for my Sanctuary Spa Treats gift set, I'm saving this for my achey bone time next week after T:

 
Also received a v colourful postcard from my ever thoughtful friend Hannah who has sent me a card ahead of every chemo I've had, thanks Han:



1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful quilt!

    When I was first diagnosed, i decided to make a quilt. (My previous sewing experience has been buttons). Bought lots of fat quarters from America, patterns, cutting board, rotary cutter and a sewing machine. Had great fun cutting out all the pieces..... and have done not a thing with them. Sewing machine still in sealed box.. maybe one day.

    Am off to new England end of this month so perhaps that will motivate/inspire me to get quilting.

    Pleased you had a lovely birthday and you are now on the downward slope. Have recently finished rads and the horrors of chemo feel like a quickly fading dream. You will get there too,

    And the hair re-growth is joyous! Mine is jet black and straight, look like a plump Sinead O'Connor. And I have eyelashes too.

    Big Tom tomato juice os great for tax taste buds and also full of lots of good things for us.

    Stay safe.

    Pixie xx

    ReplyDelete