Thursday 29 January 2015

3 in 3

So in my last post I was feeling a bit down that I hadn't got a job and that I wasn't making massive headway. Well this week I had 3 interviews in 3 days! One was for a wine company in West London, the job and the company sounded great but it took me 2.5 hours to get there, the salary that they would have been offering wouldn't have been worth a 5 hour round commute. Since working with my outplacement support lady, she has helped me identify that one of my greatest career anchors is my work life balance, this certainly wouldn't have adhered to that. I ended up sending a TBNT email to the interviewer, heard back from an ex-colleague who currently works there that the interviewer liked me and was disappointed I'd withdrawn from the application process. So although it wasn't right for me, it was great to have interview practice, nice feedback and get back into the swing of things.

 
 
The very next day I had a phone interview for another wine company, this one felt much better and much more me than the West London one. The company is about 15 miles from my house. I'm keeping my fingers very crossed. There wasn't a role I applied for, it was completely speculative so I would be very excited to work there. I found out later that day that they would like to see me face-to-face next Friday. I would love to get this one....
 
Today I had an interview for a role as a Food Buyer. So outside of wine but using my languages, buying skills, organisation and supplier relationship experience. It was a tough panel style interview with 2 people and it was about an hour and a half long. I think I handled it well though and I should hear back by next week. Fingers crossed here too!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment