Friday 16 March 2018

Silver Linings



Sometimes in the dark it is hard to see through. This post will be one that I update as frequently as I can with the little (or large) things that are silver linings.

  1. The most recent CT scan I had showed some improvement on the cancer fighting front. The node in my clavicle has reduced as has the sternum/chest mass. Although I don't know if it was the trial drug or letrozole that has made this happen, it's a win nonetheless.
  2. 10/11/17 - This week I made it into the office 4 times. After my recent A&E admissions and non-stop appointments, this really is a massive win.
  3. 24/11/2017 - I had my bone strengthener yesterday. After 8 long weeks. It should have been every six. The win here is that I have been switched to a new drug called Denosumab from the Zometa/Zoledronic Acid that I was on before. It's a win because the denosumab is an injection which is quick and on the whole painless whereas the zometa was an IV infusion which was bloody tricky with my poor crappy veins.
  4. Around appointments now I am back to the office full time!
  5. 27/01/2018 - I took a 12 hour flight to Mexico and had an amazing holiday!
  6. 14/03/2018 - I am loving going to the cinema again. The fear of leaving the house is gone.
  7. Probably the biggest Silver Lining of all - I am me again!

3 comments:

  1. You're amazing Jo. Thinking of you always xx Jenni Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and sending love. I followed your blog avidly when I was diagnosed 6 months after you. I have only just caught up with your latest episode with cancer. Sending positivity and a virtual hand to hold. Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not read this for a while as it was getting me down, but now its positive again I am very happy for you. Keep up the good work. I'm still thinking of you. Lots of love. Xx

    ReplyDelete