Saturday 5 August 2017

Not so brave

This is both physically and emotionally exhausting and some days I really struggle to cope. Today is one of those days. I cry from overwhelm, I cry at the situation I am in, I cry for the children I'll never have, I cry for the life I won't live. I cry because I feel ill. I'm not brave today.

I feel hot, I feel cold, I feel tired, I feel sick. I feel fed up. I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. 

Last week I tried so hard. I had a panic attack on Sunday. It was exhausting and terrifying. I was enjoying a lunch with some friends and all of a sudden, this crushing overwhelming panic exploded in me and I had to get out. I got outside and sat on a bench crying and shaking. Rob got me in the car and I sobbed and hyperventilated the 40 minute drive home. We got home and I crashed on the sofa, it really took it out of me. Monday I still felt awful. Michelle came over in the afternoon, hugged me and I just sobbed. Full on blobby tears of emotion. 

On Tuesday I turned a corner, I worked from home and I had my counselling, the counselling really helped. We explored the fact that so much has happened to me over the past 11 weeks and that even one part of what I've been through would break some people. We also explored my panic attack, identified potential triggers and talked through both some psychological and practical ways of coping in the future. He helped and I felt good.

The rest of the week I continued to improve, I was more like me. I worked from home, really properly worked every day, I walked the dogs, I went to the cinema with Michelle, we all saw a glimmer of Jojo returning. 

But then blam, I feel shit again. It started last night with severe pain in my lower back and hips. I took ibuprofen and omeprazole and it started to go. I had a good nights' sleep, other than waking up feeling hot a few times, but when I woke up in the morning I needed the loo. I took my 5 tablets and then went to the bathroom. What followed was forty minutes of the most painful constipation ever. It reminded me of the awful constipation I had on chemo. This is gross but I've always strived to be honest in my blog.... The poop was so compacted and hard it was making me cry out in pain. Rob had taken Fagin to the vets for a check-up and I could hear Poppy crying downstairs, but I couldn't get to her. It was just stuck and sore and not going anywhere. When I finally managed, oh the relief! Once I'd been, although I felt better there I began to feel meh.

I got downstairs onto the sofa at 09:45 and I haven't moved all day. I feel dreadful, but mercifully not in pain. I feel hot and cold, so so nauseous and just not right. I don't know if these are side effects of the new pills or what, but I'm not good. All I've managed to eat and drink is a glass of water, a smoothie and an iced lolly. It's almost 8pm and I'm still on the sofa now. I feel guilty for not embracing every day I have left, but sometimes I just can't. But I'll try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Natalie McLaughlanSunday, August 06, 2017

    You're brave merely for writing this! Sending lots of virtual hugs x

    ReplyDelete