Friday 12 April 2013

Willow Foundation


Through one of the forums for Younger Women with Breast Cancer that I am a member of, I found out about an organisation called The Willow Foundation.

Willow Foundation is a national charity established in 1999 by Bob Wilson and his wife as a memorial to their daughter, Anna, who died of cancer aged 31. The charity receives no government or lottery funding and is totally reliant on the generosity of individuals, companies and trusts to fund its work.

WF provides 'Special Days' for seriously ill 16 to 40 year olds through the provision of special day experiences. The idea behind it, is that the special day provides beneficiaries and their loved ones with a break from the realities of their diagnosis and treatment. At a time of uncertainty, spending quality time with family and friends can help restore a sense of normality, boost confidence and create precious memories for the future.

Reading the eligibility criteria on their website & talking to my BC Forum friends I realised that I was eligible to apply, so I downloaded the form from their website. Once I'd filled in my section, I had to get a medical professional to fill in another part (my BCN Carol kindly did this for me) & then posted it off.

Today I found out that my application has been accepted! Yahoooooo! Rob took the phonecall when I was at work so I don't know very many more details and I have to call them back next week to start organising my Special Day :-)


Click here for Willow's Facebook page
Click here to follow Willow on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment